On the hunt for a healthier breakfast and craving pancakes simultaneously lends itself to a predicament that most of us face. What to eat for breakfast that’s healthy and tasty?
As I perused my kitchen for my available selection of ingredients, I noticed I had some apples, and thought to myself “What if I dip the apple in the pancake mix and then cook it?” And this is what happened:
What you will need:
- Enough pancake mix for your family or you can use this recipe to make pancakes from scratch. I used 1 cup of pancake mix and prepared it according to the directions.
- Enough apples for your family, peeled, cored, and sliced into rings. I used one large apple for me and Sugar.
- Hot buttered skillet.
- Real maple syrup.
- Prep pancake mix.
- Peel, core, and slice apples into 1/4 inch thick rings.
- Dip the apple ring in the batter. Let the excess drip off.
- Cook in a buttered skillet until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup and your favorite sides.
Until next time, I send you peace, love and good energy!