I have been absolutely loving Stephanie Tourles’ book Organic Body Care Recipes. It is loaded with great information, an ingredient dictionary, and a whole bunch of simple and amazing recipes. I have chosen another one to share with you.
Bananas and cream will moisturize, hydrate, and pamper even the direst skin. Try to make this mask a healthy, yummy habit that your skin will relish. Note: Should a bit of this delectably scrumptious mask drip into you mouth, it’s fine to savor it!
What you will need:
- One 2 inch chunk of a very ripe banana
- Cream, light or heavy
- Recommended for: normal, dry, dehydrated, sensitive, sunburned, windburned, environmentally damaged, mature, or irritated skin.
- Use: as desired
- Follow with: moisturizer if necessary
- Prep time: approximately 5 minutes
- Blending tools: mortar and pestle or small bowl and fork
- Store in: do not store, mix as needed
- Yield: 1 treatment
Using a mortar and pestle or a small bowl and for, mash the banana with just enough cream until a smooth, spreadable paste forms.
Application tips: Safeguard hair and clothing prior to applying this potentially runny mask. Using your fingers, spread onto the face and throat, and recline for 20 to 30 minutes (mask will not dry). Rinse.
I hope you enjoy this all natural beauty mask!
Until next time, I send you peace, love and good energy!