Ever on the search for a better breakfast alternative, I dreamed up this creation to satisfy my desire to eat more avocados, as well as an alternative for a breakfast/snack/dip that was savory, but not unhealthy.
Avocados are so good for you: according to californiaavocado.com “Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid. They also act as a “nutrient booster” by enabling the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha and beta-carotene and lutein, in foods that are eaten with the fruit.”
There’s the facts … here’s the spread:
What you will need:
- 1-2 avocados
- a drizzle olive oil
- lemon/orange juice
- a splash of dairy-free milk (optional)
- spices: salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika
- Half the avocados and scoop out the flesh into a food processor. (I used 1.5 small avocados)
- Pulse until it starts to get creamy.
- Add the lemon/orange juice, a drizzle of olive oil, and the spices of your choice. Pulse until creamy.
- If it is still really thick, you can thin it with the diary-free milk, or the olive oil.
- Spread onto toast for a great breakfast or snack.
- Spread onto a sandwich in place of mayonnaise.
- Put into a bowl for dipping chips or veggies.
Until next time, I send you peace, love, and good energy.